10 Link Building Tools to Check Any Website’s Total Backlinks
August 18, 2011
Many of you may already know that Backlink Analyzer by SEObook is no longer available. If you used to use this tool to identify a website’s link popularity or backlink profile, you now need an alternative. Here are 10 useful link building tools to help you get over Backlink Analyzer.
- Yahoo Site Explorer – Check www & non-www versions. Counts nofollow links as well.
- Open Explorer – Shows many more stats including Linking Root Domains and Page Authority
- Bulk Backlink Checker by Majestic SEO – Other free and paid tools available
- Google Search – Search Google link:yourwebsite.com. Don’t worry Google is very picky.
- Link Pop by SEO Book – Yes, SEO Book’s Link Pop Tool works just fine. Compare up to 4 sites!
- iWebTools Link Checker – Only counts domains. Check both www & non-www, ordered by relevance
- Link Popularity Checker – Another classic link popularity checker
- Backlink Watch – Not only shows you total count, but also shows you anchor text of up to 1,000 backlinks. Check www & non-www versions.
- Webmaster Tool Kit Link Popularity Checker – Another Classic
- SEO Profiler – Great tool that shows total links & total domains, among other great backlink factors.
The important thing to remember is that all of these tools will potentially provide different results. Rather than getting frustrated on which is right, pick one or so to record and to keep using moving forward. Start a spreadsheet and check daily, weekly or monthly for total backlinks, log it, and compare the total links using the SAME tool(s) you used before. If you jump from one tool to another, you’ll never really be able to track your progress.